
Everyone remembers Michael Jackson. I remember dancing around to the Thriller and Bad albums as a kid in my backyard. I love Michael. The music. The DANCING. He was legendary.
The world was shocked at his sudden death. Although he hadn't recorded or performed in years, there was a tour on the horizon. I would have LOVED to see MJ in concert. Even at 50, he still had something special.
The public memorial service was held at the Staples Center. I even saw the family caravan drive by (Hi, Janet!). People poured into downtown from all over the world just to be close to this event. Only a few thousand tickets were given out. A perimeter was set around Staples, and without 1 of 3 levels of tickets, you couldn't even get close.
I walked around the area, just to see what I could see and to feel like I was a part of the event. Hundreds upon hundreds did the same. People donned their Michael t-shirts and stood outside Staples to show their love for Michael and their support for the family. It was a surprisingly somber atmosphere. I have never experienced such a quiet and calmness amidst so many people.














MJ Memorial from Reanna Rae on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment