Yes, the Lakers are a great team, and have been fortunate enough to be in the finals many, many times. The particular stats, I don't know, as I don't really follow along that closely. I actually went to one of the playoff games at Staples a few years back. Yeah. Just like a basketball game.
This year, the finals were NOT held at the Staples Center, but a huge crowd showed up there to watch the game almost as if they were here. And yes, in case you haven't heard, we won. Cause for celebration? Certainly. But these Lakers fanatics have some other definition for the term "celebration".
Immediately after the victory, belligerent fans took to the streets, destroying everything in their path. They began by pulling down a tree in front of Staples and setting it on fire. Trash can fires soon came after that, followed by smashing cars, windows, graffiti, looting local establishments and the like.
The cops were quick to react. Riot police flooded downtown. Three of the stores in my building were broken into and looted. As I walked around taking photos, people were throwing rocks into the windows of stores and residences. They had to shut down the subway system for a few hours due to crazy fans interfering with the trains. It was a mess. I just really don't understand what they were thinking. But this is what it looked like:









No comments:
Post a Comment